Wi-fi issues on oneplus. OnePlus 7 is a great phone, and even though it comes with awesome specs and features, some issue may pop up once in a while. There are certain issues that many smartphones users face, but we can say that Wi-Fi-related ones are probably the most common. If you own OnePlus 7 and if you are experiencing Wi-Fi issues, from connecting to the network but not having the internet access, to being able to connect but having the connection that just keeps dropping, you are in the right place. We are going to show you how to fix OnePlus 7 Wi-Fi issues.
See also: cheap mobil phones to buy in 2019
Table of Contents
What to do when you are connected to Wi-Fi but you have no internet access?
It may happen that your OnePlus 7 is connected to the Wi-Fi but you cannot get access to the internet. To fix this, follow these steps below:
- The first thing to do is to restart the router: unplug the modem and after 30 seconds, plug it again, and verify if your phone connects to Wi-Fi.
- There is another alternative which is by resetting the Wi-Fi modem. By doing so, you will reset all the settings of the Wi-Fi connection.
- If the problem persists, call your internet provider.
What to do if your phone can’t connect to the modem?
This issue can be quite common and it occurs when your phone cannot connect to the router, either it is a public Wi-Fi or your own, and to solve this problem you may apply these steps:
- Go to your phone setting and disable the Wi-Fi then enable it again.
- If nothing happens, then delete all the networks already saved on your device and try to make a Wi-Fi connection again. To do so, navigate to Settings, find Wi-Fi, and then find and tap on the network. Tap Forget.
- You can try to connect to another Wi-Fi in the neighbourhood to know if it is the problem of your router or not. If yes, then reset your router and try again.
- If nothing happens at all, restart your device, it is a very popular solution that frequently works.
What to do when your device gets a slow connection?
This may happen when you are connected to a router situated far from your device. In order to fix that you can:
- It is well-known that the closer you get to the router the better internet connection you’ll get. So take it as advice “Stay close to the router”.
- Try different directions of the router antenna.
- If it is impossible to move near the router, you can purchase a cheap device called Wi-Fi repeater and it will allow you increasing the Wi-Fi coverage in your house.
What to do if the Wi-Fi is frequently dropping?
This occurs when many devices are connected at the same time to the same Wi-Fi connection. To fix this, just follow the instructions below:
- You may start by disabling the Wi-Fi for all the other non-used devices at the time; maybe one of them is making this trouble.
- If it does not work, think about making a new password for your Wi-Fi. It’s a wise decision!
- You can also solve the issue by resetting the network settings from the OnePlus 7; go to Settings then find System and look for Reset options and then for Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth option.
Factory reset to resolve wi-fi issues
In case you could not solve the Wi-Fi issue even after trying all the methods and tricks mentioned above, proceed to a factory reset. But, before that, make sure that you have a backup of your files and data because this will erase everything on your phone and you will have to set it up as a new device. Once you are done with the backup, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Settings
- Now tap System > Reset options
- Choose Erase all data
- Tap Reset phone
- If you have a pin or a passcode you’ll be asked to enter it
- Tap Erase everything.
Your device will reboot and will erase everything, from settings that you have adjusted according to your needs, to your data. Once it is all done, you’ll have to set it up as a new device.